Sunday, May 19, 2013

Worcestershire Sauce


I usually shy away from recipes with Worcestershire Sauce because it bothers me that this little staple condiment contains processed sugar. Then I decided it can't be too hard to mimic the flavor and made my own. This mixture is a pretty decent substitute and can be kept in a jar ready to marinate your meats and mix into your sauces and dressings!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
  • 1 Tbsp palm sugar (aka coconut crystals)
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp mustard powder
  • 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • a few rounds of fresh ground pepper
  1. Add all ingredients to a small stock pot or gravy pot and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for about 45 seconds or so and remove from heat. 
  2. Cool completely then store in an airtight container. 
It goes right from my little pot into a clean (re-used) jar.

A little masking tape for a label and I stick it right on my fridge door.


No comments:

Post a Comment