Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Paleo Snack Packs


Having healthy and readily available snacks for those impromptu cravings is the best way to avoid falling off the Paleo wagon. I put together these little Paleo snack packs on a Sunday that will last me the entire week. I make little containers of fruit/hard-boiled eggs for my breakfast at work, baggies of fresh raw veggies for a snack as well as baggies of raisins and nuts. It's such a simple thing, but it really does help - especially when you suddenly have a craving and want something immediately. It's such a relief to be able to just grab one of these baggies out of the pantry or fridge and go to town. These little snack-sized baggies are perfect for portion control so you don't eat an entire tub of raisins in one sitting. I am constantly changing up the food content of my snack packs so I don't get bored - feel free to try it for yourself and experiment with some of your favorite foods!

Breakfast Pack (examples)

Fruits
  • Cherries
  • Grapes


When spring and summer roll around, I LOVE getting farm fresh berries (strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, etc) and mixing it up.

Eggs

My Egg Muffins travel really well and re-heat easily.

When I'm in the mood for hard-boiled eggs, I will typically boil an entire carton and store them in the fridge (labelled boldly, of course). Then I just take what I need each morning in a separate baggie or container. If you want to store your cooked eggs with raw ones, you can write directly on the shells of the eggs with a magic marker.



Veggie Pack (example)
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • Sliced Bell Pepper



Dry Fruit and Nut Pack (example)
  • Raisins
  • Dry Roasted, Lightly Salted Cashews



They all fit perfectly in the meat drawer in the fridge.


What fun combinations can you come up with???




1 comment:

  1. There is some amazing paleo snack pack that you have shared here. Thanks for sharing this amazing and informative post. How can these help people stay healthy?

    ReplyDelete