Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pan-Fried Pork Chops

One of the simplest recipes in my repertoire are these delicious, pan-fried pork chops. They're perfect for a quick weeknight meal because they only take minutes to prepare. My favorite part is the flavorful juice that comes seeping out as they cool on a plate fresh from the pan. I like to cut my meat into small pieces and sop those extra juices up with each bite.

Mmmm... juicy
Ingredients
  • 4 boneless center cut pork chops 
  • Garlic powder
  • Salt and fresh ground pepper
  • Smoked paprika (aka bacon spice!)
  • Coconut oil
  1. Season both sides of the pork chops with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika - all to taste.
  2. Heat a tablespoon or two of coconut oil in a pan over high heat (not the highest, but up there).
  3. Fry the chops a few minutes on each side, until only slightly pink or just white when cut open. The outside will get brown and caramelized which is where the delicious flavor comes from, but cooking too long will dry the chops out.
  4. Let sit at least 5 minutes on a plate before serving so those tasty juices can come seeping out. Drizzle any leftover juices on top when serving.
Love that smoked paprika!

Mmmm... caramelized

Juices starting to seep out... the best part!


15 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Totally making this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're on our dinner menu this week, too. :) Enjoy!

      Delete
    2. Family loves it, it's a keeper, for sure! :-)

      Delete
  2. Just made these tonight and they were easy and scrumptious. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making these beauties tonight! Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made these for lunch today. They were delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gonna be making these tonight, I think. I just put up a blog post about smoked paprika! I never knew it existed and I just want to use it in *everything* lol - Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m using some boneless center cut pork chops in this recipe. They just happened to be on sale the day I went looking for some. I would normally buy the bone-in pork chops since that’s what we had all the time when mama cooked them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg!! These were so easy and SO delicious!! Perfect for a lazy Sunday fabulous Dinner, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you all like this dish! I'm always struggling to balance delicious and quick and appreciate when those two can partner up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Thank you for the recipe. Will be making this tonight.

    Orlando, FL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made with garlic infused coconut oil and it was FANTASTIC! Thanks for the quick recipe. Side note, if using the boneless center cut, they dry out easily so watch your time closely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dredging the pork chops with seasoned coconut flour/almond flour mixture to see if that works....has anyone tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It worked well, except I had to keep the fire a little lower than I normally would. For the seasoned flour, I mixed 3/4 cup coconut flour, 1/4 cup almond flour (I think I could have used just 1 cup of coconut flour only and had the same results), 1 Tbsp salt, 3/4 teasp black pepper, 3/4 teasp dry mustard, 1/2 teasp paprika, 1/4 teasp basil, 1/4 teasp thyme, 1/4 teasp parsley flakes, stir together until well bleneded. Dredge the pork chops in the flour mixture on both sides, then fry in coconut oil. I will keep the leftover flour mixture in the freezer for the next time.

    ReplyDelete